My Photo
Name:
Location: Oregon, United States

Sunday, June 15, 2008

Our Fathers Day


Today was a looooong but very fun day.

It started with a trip to Alsea Falls where we pitched a picnic!
Fin loves crackers.

...and her daddy



She also loves water

She's getting SO big

THEN we went to our house to get a bit of work done before the weekend ended..

We managed to make it look like a real construction zone.

If you look closely you can see the hardwood we found, the linoleum we ripped up, the cement blocks we ripped up under the wood burning stove (to the left) we uninstalled, and down the the lower left hand corner is the old furnace that was attached to the wall that my father and Neil ripped off of the panelling we found instead of drywall (it had been textured and painted to look like drywall)--- you still with me?


This room I like to call the den. Here's the DISGUSTING carpet and carpet pad and linoleum we ripped up.


Here's our mess.


The men tearing down the panelling and the furnace.


Niiiiice.

And here's my favorite part of the day: Under the linoleum in the "den" (aka the original bedroom) we found some old Oregonians, their dates were March 16 and 17th and the 27th of February 1940. I am a HUGE history nerd, and if I could get a degree and get paid to travel around and look at old things I would, but I don't think you can get paid for that, so I figure I'll go with my fallback career as a Pediatrican.

Seriously Amazing.


I can't wait to see what other treasures our 118 year old house will bring us. We had so much fun today, we just wish Neil's PopPop were here to lend us his expertise.

PopPop, we miss you and wish you were here!

Happy Fathers Day!!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home