My Photo
Name:
Location: Oregon, United States

Wednesday, June 11, 2008

Old, and I do mean OLD man softball..

So last night was Neil's 4th old man softball game of the season. And trust me, I do not in anyway use the term "old man" lightly. The plain and simple truth is that the the average age of the infield is somewhere around 67... the outfield? 45 (and only because Neil brings it down by 10 years).

Welllll... last night Finlee and I decided to brave the cold and rain (40 degrees AND rain in June? who knew) and attend the LATE night game. The game? 8:40 Fin's bedtime? 8:00. We already had that going against us.. Anyhoo, we braved the elements and pitched our little pink chair alongside the field.

It started out fine, around the 4th inning we were tied 8-8.... then the 5th inning happened. I don't want to say it was a waste of time... that would disrespect the 400 pound man who broke his ankle sliding into third, I think he forgot he-

A. Is no longer in college and

B. Since graduating college he has managed to gain 250 lbs....

I just wouldn't say it was our best use of time.

We lost... something like 19-8. Ouch.

I'll look on the bright side.. there's always next week.

Lets just hope the old men make it to next week.. we're already down a pitcher (RIP Darrell)

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home